(Expired) Autumn Internship in the Danida Business Partnerships Secretariet
Do you want to be part of advancing the green transition through multi-stakeholder partnerships?
Have you re-considered your plans for the semester during the Summer? Then you have an excellent opportunity to get a semester full of learning and networking opportunities with a paid internship for the Danida Green Business Partnerships Secretariat during the 2022 Fall semester.
Why choose an internship with us?
As part of our team, you will gain a comprehensive understanding of how multi-stakeholder partnerships are key actors for the green transition in developing countries and contribute to the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals, in particular SDG 8, 13 and 17. You will have the opportunity to work closely with the coordinators of the DGBP Secretariat, the Danish Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and you will have the opportunity to acquire insights and expand your professional network within the programme’s portfolio.
As a key team member in the Secretariat, you will develop solid insights into innovative projects furthering the green transition in developing countries and gain access to interesting case material that you can potentially apply in your studies. The position offers you the possibility to gain substantial knowledge and in-depth understanding of the project cycle of partnerships projects and insight into how commercial interests can be aligned with development objectives and green ambition.
Please visit www.danida-business-partnerships.dk for more information about the programme and the Secretariat.
What do we expect from our intern?
We are looking for an ambitious student, who is interested in pursuing a career in international business, green growth, sustainability and development, and who would like to gain sector insight and work experience. As our intern, you will work closely with the coordinators of the Secretariat that is hosted by the Danish consultancy company Nordic Consulting Group. We expect our intern to provide solid support to the Secretariat and offer a wide range of tasks within the project management cycle. Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Analysis and structuring of submitted project applications and concept notes
- Assisting with the Secretariat’s assessment of applications for support
- Planning and organising meetings and webinars with partners, Danish Embassies and other stakeholders
- Support for establishing procedures and systems for the operation of the Secretariat and following up with partnership projects
- Following up on partnership project results measurement
- Maintaining and updating formats for applications and reporting
- Maintaining and updating social media and communication channels of the Secretariat, primarily the DGBP website and LinkedIn Page
- Contribute to the implementation of the DGBP communication strategy, including producing news stories and other communication material on the achievements of the partnership projects
- Drafting minutes of meetings as required.
You are in the final year of your bachelor’s degree or doing your master’s degree in a relevant field (development studies, business and development, sustainable business etc). Apart from being an outgoing person with excellent communication and team skills, we expect that you have:
- Previous work experience from student jobs, volunteer work or internships
- Experience with sustainability strategies in the private sector, and with climate change and green transformation will be considered an asset
- Strong administrative skills and a structured approach to your work
- Analytical and methodological mindset
- The ability to prioritise, respect deadlines and assume responsibility for your assigned tasks
- A positive outlook, flexible to change and a willingness to learn
- Strong command of Microsoft Excel, and other Microsoft office skills
- Professional proficiency in Danish (or Nordic languages) and English. French is an advantage but not a requirement.
The internship is a full-time position (37 hours/week) at our offices in Copenhagen, starting at your earliest convenience and latest on 1st September 2022 to 1st February 2023.
You will receive a monthly compensation.
Please send your application and CV to email@example.com as soon as possible and at the latest by 10 August. Interviews will be held on a rolling basis either in person or online.
Should you have any clarifying questions please do not hesitate to contact us using the same email address.