Fall 2023 Internship at the Danida Business Partnerships Secretariat
Are you passionate about sustainable development, green transition, and international business?
Then apply for the Fall 2023 internship with the Danida Business Partnerships Secretariat and join us for a semester full of learning opportunities!
Why choose an internship with us?
As a part of our team, you will gain a comprehensive understanding of how Danish Foreign Aid contributes to the Sustainable Development Goals through multi-stakeholder partnerships in developing countries, specifically advancing SDGs 8, 13, and 17. As our intern, you will acquire insight into green transition, and partnership collaboration, to which you will be working closely with the DGBP/DMDP coordinators and the Danish Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
You will have an opportunity to expand your professional network and access substantial knowledge and in-depth understanding of the project cycle of partnerships projects and insight into how commercial interests can be aligned with development outcomes including green ambitions.
What do we expect from our intern?
The Secretariat is looking for an ambitious student who shares our enthusiasm for green transition and international participation in Sustainable Development, interested in pursuing a career in international business, sustainability, and green development.
As our intern, you will work closely with the coordinators of the Secretariat in our office, hosted by the Danish consultancy company Nordic Consulting Group. We expect our intern to provide a solid support for the Secretariat and offer a wide arrange of tasks within the project management cycle.
The tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Analysis and structuring of submitted project applications and concept notes
- Assisting with the Secretariat’s assessment of applications for support
- Planning and organising meetings and webinars with partners, Danish Embassies, and other stakeholders
- Support for establishing procedures and systems for the operation of the Secretariat and following up with partnership projects
- Following up on partnership project results measurement
- Maintaining and updating formats for applications and reporting
- Maintaining and updating social media and communication channels of the Secretariat, primarily the DGBP website and LinkedIn Page
- Contribute to the implementation of the DGBP communication strategy, including producing news stories and other communication material on the achievements of the partnership projects
- Drafting minutes of meetings as required.
You are in the final year of your bachelor’s degree or doing your master’s degree in a relevant field (development studies, business, and development, sustainable business, etc). Apart from being an outgoing person with excellent communication and team skills, we expect that you have:
- Previous work experience from student jobs, volunteer work, or internships
- Experience with sustainability strategies in the private sector, and with climate change and green transformation will be considered an asset
- Strong administrative skills and a structured approach to your work
- Analytical and methodological mindset
- The ability to prioritise, respect deadlines, and assume responsibility for your assigned tasks
- A positive outlook, flexibility to change, and a willingness to learn
- Strong command of Microsoft Excel, and other Microsoft office skills
- Fluent in Danish (or Nordic languages) and English. French is an advantage but not a requirement.
The internship is a full-time position (37 hours/week) from the 7th of August 2023 to the 1st of February 2024.
The internship is unpaid, but a monthly compensation is provided.
Please send your application and CV, along with indicating where you found this job advert, to email@example.com as soon as possible and at the latest by the 4th of March 12:00 CEST. Interviews will be held on a rolling basis either in person or online.
Should you have any clarifying questions please do not hesitate to contact us using the same email address.
Please visit https://danida-business-partnerships.dk/ for more information about the programme and the Secretariat.